Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011
It's been a while since my last self indulgent post, so here's a little something for you to feast on - extra spicy with a side of tang.
Things you possibly don't know about me: (This excludes Rach, as she knows way too much)
- I have recently gone on an indefinite meat detox. Those who know me, know too well how much I love the animal kingdom and their tasty tasty loins. I think I've taken meat for granted and have decided to go without for a bit. I'm having soup dumpling night terrors though... oh how i miss those little sacks of meaty/brothy goodness.
- I have only now just discovered Arcade Fire. I can't get enough of 'modern man'. it hurts.
- i had a revelation last night that i am perhaps destined to live my life in the northern hemisphere. my reason for this is based mainly on 2 things: i have reverse sleeping patterns at the moment- i don't even consider sleep until about 1 or 2am, and I snooze my alarm in the morning at least 5 times like a crack fox. The second reason: America. Yep.
- I had a dream the other night that Chester (my dog) told me that he is Andre 3000. I totally believed him.
- My roomy Dom Dwyer recently helped me do up my bicycle, which is now summer ready and aching to be ridden on a daily basis.
- And summer is on my brain. Winter needs to end, Melbourne: STOP IT. It's half way through Spring and I'm still rocking 3 layers and sitting in front of heaters. I'm not even angry, I'm just disappointed.
- Been thinking lately about how I'm turning 27 soon. Wowee. When I think of that age, I get the same feeling as when 1999 rolled into 2000: a mythical number, laden with potential, a clean slate, not that my slate is in any way dirty, it just feels good to have the luxury of being able to start from the start. Pockets full of ideas and a drive to make something really fucking awesome.
- Which brings me to my next point. Have i told you that I am about to embark on a business extravaganza? It's true. Can't say too much at the moment, but let me just say this: I don't do things in halves... it is going to be the coolest of the cool.
- Been having these late night revelations (more so than usual), that life is supposed to be lived. There's a quote that comes to mind about life not being a spectator sport, which i get, but i see the need more so than ever to really fight for what i want out of it - for how i want to live, for what i want to put my name to... to seize, create, re-make - whatever the direction - i just want to look back at some stage and know without doubt that i had passion and conviction behind all my decisions.
- I still dislike Australian hip hop.
- I am still obsessed with Words with Friends.
- I say the word 'dubious' far too much.
- I miss Wategos.
- I vow to own a ping-pong table within the next 6 months
- The current moon phase is Waning Gibbous... 96% full. Look up sometime.
- The guy who makes the best coffee in Kensington doesn't even drink coffee. I love this.
- My fear of heights is growing exponentially with age, but I still find myself climbing up just to see the view.